CC and BCC both are terms that are primarily used in email communication. The complete form of CC is Carbon Copy, while BCC’s complete form is Blind Carbon Copy. In addition, when the user adds the person in the CC, then such a person can view the other recipient and commentators of these emails.
In BCC person can not see another recipient of these emails or their replies. Moreover, CC informs anyone about email discussions, whereas BCC keeps the privacy and does not tell the Email discussion. Let us discuss the main differences between CC and BCC in detail.
Introduction To CC
When the user adds the person in the CC, then such a person can view the other recipient and commentators of these emails. The complete form of CC is Carbon Copy, which informs anyone about email discussion. The overuse can mess up inboxes and create some confusion. In addition, the example of CC is when the user sends the email in the group, and individual CC guarantee they are aware of the discussion. Furthermore, CC has excellent features for email clients, and people can see CC has limits.
- Easy to use
- Expected reply to the email
- Notified of replies
- See each other replies
Introduction To BCC
In BCC person cannot see the other recipient of these emails and replies. BCC’s complete form is Blind Carbon Copy, which keeps the user’s privacy and does not tell the email to discuss anyone. BCC is hidden and demands additional steps to use. In addition, BCC can be used for individual recipients, and its recipients are private. The overuse of BCC recipients can be seen as manipulative. An example of BCC is when you send an email to the group, and anyone wants to ensure that the individual is aware of the discussion without revealing the identity of the other recipient.
- Keep privacy
- Used for the individual recipient
Key Differences between CC and BCC
- The people you can CC usually have a limit, while those you can BCC have no limit.
- CC has excellent features for email clients, whereas BCC is hidden and demands additional steps to use.
- Users can CC many people in the same email. On the other hand, BBC can be used for individual recipients.
- CC is more tolerable than BCC, which you can see as sneaky or manipulative.
- CC talks about the email discussion, while BBC does not discuss any debate.
- CC recipients are public. On the other hand, BCC recipients are private.
- In CC, recipient users can view each other replies, whereas in BCC, can not allow this in which the user can not view each different answer.
Comparison table between CC and BCC
|Privacy||Recipients are public||Recipients are private|
|Purpose||It is used to inform anyone about email conservation||Does not inform about any email conservation|
|Visibility||Recipients can see each other replies||The recipient does not see each further replies|
Briefly saying CC and BCC are different from each other. They show deviation in their privacy, purpose, and visibility.