Corona Virus and SARS both are types of respiratory illness caused by viruses. Coronavirus was first identified in 2002, while SARS was first identified in 2019. Both have almost the same symptoms, but Coronavirus can cause a lack of smell and taste, whereas SARS does not.
There are no specific treatments for Corona Virus and SARS, but some care and precautions can help to manage the symptoms. Moreover, Corona Virus is spread to millions worldwide and caused many deaths,h, but SARS was contained with all around 8000 confirmed cases. Let us discuss the main differences between Corona Virus and SARS in detail.
What is SARS?
The abbreviation of SARS is Several Acute Respiratory Syndrome. SARS is a viral respiratory disease that is highly contagious and caused by SARS Corona Virus. It occurred in 2002-2003 and affected various countries, especially in Asia.
In addition, it originated in bats and then spread to civet cats sold for food in live animal markets in southern China. Then, this virus spread from cats to humans. The common symptoms of SARS are fever, shortness of breath, and cough. Furthermore, this respiratory illness was controlled in 2004.
- High fever
- Body aches
- Shortness of breath
- Muscles aches
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer
- Cover your mouth during coughing and sneezing
- Stay home if you are sick
What is Corona Virus?
Corona Virus is a viral disease that first time occurred in 2019. According to reports, it started in China. Its short term is Covid-19. At the time, millions of people had been affected by this viral disease.
Moreover, it has common symptoms such as flu, sneezing, cough, shortness of breath, fever, loss of taste and smell, and more. Furthermore, more than six million people died from this devastating disease. When it started spreading, many countries applied lockdowns in their countries. Almost the whole affected from Corona Virus. It extends from the touch of the affected person. Even it also occurred in animals.
- Shortage of breath
- Loss of taste
- Loss of smell
- Stay away from effect patient
- Use the face mask
- Use sanitizer
- Short the extra traveling
- Don’t leave your house expletory
Key Difference between Corona Virus and SARS
- Corona Virus belongs to the family of Coronaviridae, while the Strain of Corona Virus causes SARS.
- Corona Virus started in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. On the other hand, SARS began in Guangdong, China, in 2002.
- SARS is less contagious than Corona Virus.
- The incubation period of Corona Virus is between 2-14 days, whereas the incubation period of SARS is between 2-10 days.
- Both viruses have almost the same symptoms, but Coronavirus can cause loss of taste or smell, while SARS does not.
- Many types of vaccines have been approved for Corona Virus, but no vaccine is specifically for SARS.
|Origin||Wuhan, China||Guangdong, China|
|Incubation period||2-14 days||2-10 days|
|Vaccines||Many vaccines developed||No specific vaccine developed|
|Virus type||Coronaviridae||Corona Virus|
In a nutshell, we can say that Corona and SARS are pretty different diseases. These viral diseases are various in origin, genetic structure, and mode of infection.