Digital Signature and Electronic Signature are two types of Signature with a vast differences. Firstly, Digital Signature is used explicitly for the protection of documents. On the other hand, Electronic Signature is mainly used to verify documents.
Moreover, Digital Signature is much better than an electronic signature because it is a safe procedure. Some people are confused about the difference between Digital and Electronic Signatures. To clarify their confusion, let us discuss the main differences between Digital Signatures and Electronic signatures.
What is Digital Signature?
Digital Signature is a signature used to prevent essential files and documents. It is highly recommended Signature due to its highly authentically. Moreover, Digital Signature is regulated by a cryptographic Algorithm. Furthermore, it has more additional features. In addition, the fingerprint is the best example of a Digital Signature. This Signature is encrypted and highly secured as compared to other signatures.
- Unique features
- Have no authority issue
- Use for identity verification
- Use of security
- Play a vital role in the prevention of documents
- Unique fingerprint
- Visual mark
- Use for cryptographic algorithm
What is Electronic Signature?
Electronic Signature is a highly used signature in many fields. The primary purpose of an Electronic Signature is to verify documents. Moreover, it is easy to use for users. But the value of an Electronic Signature is lower. Furthermore, it is comparatively less secure. In addition, it is mainly used for business agreements between two parties. Lastly, Electronic Signature is specific to the authenticity of the document. Also, it is not regulated.
- Encryption service
- Use in a business agreement
- Easy to use
- Comparatively less secure
Key Differences between Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
- Electronic Signature is easier to use than compared to Digital Signature.
- Digital Signature is more secure. On the other hand, Electronic Signature is less confident.
- Digital Signature is specific for the prevention of documents. On the other hand, Electronic Signature is particular for this verification of documents.
- Digital Signature confirms the identity of the singer.
- Digital Signature is preferred as a contrast to Electronic Signature.
- Digital Signature has regulation, whereas Electronic Signature has no limitation.
- Digital Signature use cryptographic algorithm while Electronic Signature does not use.
- Digital Signature is verified, while Electronic Signature is not verified.
Comparison table between Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
|Features||Digital Signature||Electronic Signature|
|Usage||For the protection of documents||For verification of documents|
|Preference||More preferred||Less preferred|
|Authenticity||High level||Low level|
|Use of the cryptographic algorithm||Use||Does not use|
In a nutshell, we can say that both Digital Signatures and Electronic signatures are different.