Microsoft Excel and LibreOffice are spreadsheet software allowing users to create and analyze data sheets. Microsoft is used worldwide, becoming very famous daily in contrast to LibreOffice. Moreover, Microsoft Excel was released in 1985, while the first version of LibreOffice was released in 2010. In addition, LibreOffice is open-source and free software.
On the other hand, Microsoft Excel is a paid software that demands a subscription fee; LibreOffice is available on multiple platforms like Linux, Windows, and Mac Os, while Microsoft Excel is available on Mac OS and mobile devices. Let us discuss the main difference between Microsoft Excel and LibreOffice in detail.
Introduction to Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet software that Microsoft develops for windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. Moreover, it is widely used worldwide, allowing users to create a spreadsheet and arrange it in a grid of rows and columns.
Users can enter the data, design charts and graphs, analyze data, and has a wide range of functions and formulas. In addition, Microsoft Excel is used in finance, marketing, and many projects. It has a PivotTable tool that analyzes a large amount of data. Moreover, it is a potent tool for many purposes.
- Used in many tasks
- Versatile tool
- PivatTable Tool
- Formula creation
- Automatic repetitive task
Introduction to LibreOffice
LibreOffice is a well-known office suite that is widely spreading all over the world. This platform provides tools for various systems such as spreadsheets, presentations, word processing, graphics, and databases. Moreover, LibreOffice is available on macOS, Windows, and Linux. Furthermore, it is the most compatible with a massive range of file formats for Microsoft Office users.
In addition, LibreOffice was founded in 2010 and created as a fork of open office. In addition, LibreOffice also offers users a wide selection of features for several processes, such as formatting, automation, and advanced document management.
- Offers a vast range of tools
- Widely spreading
- Easy to access
- Advanced document management
- Cross-platform software
- Open source
- Free of cost
Key differences between Microsoft Excel and LibreOffice
- LibreOffice is free-to-use, while Mi, Microsoft is paid software that demands a subscription fee.
- LibreOffice has a user-friendly interface as compared to Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft Excel has advanced and more features as compared to LibreOffice.
- Microsoft Excel is a widely used software. On the other hand, LibreOffice is comparatively used.
- Microsoft Excel was released in 1985. On the other hand, LibreOffice was released in 2010.
- Charles Simonyi and Richard Brodie developed Microsoft Excel. On the other side, LibreOffice was developed by The Document Foundation.
|Cost||Paid subscription||Free to use|
|Developed by||Charles Simonyi and Richard Brodie||The Document Foundation|
Last, we can say that Microsoft Excel and LibreOffice are pretty different platforms. These tools are other in their features, functions, and prices.