Quality Assurance and Quality Control are two significant features of quality management. These tools help to make a product perfect. Quality Control tells us all the information related to goods.
It makes sure that quality products are very high. On the other hand, Quality Assurance is also a product management tool. It provides all the information about the product, like how it is made, performs, and which materials are used to make it.
Moreover, many national and multinational companies perfect their accessories using Quality Assurance and Quality Control. In detail, let us discuss the main differences between Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
What is Quality Assurance?
Quality Assurance is a management tool that is very helpful in fulfilling the demands of products. It provides all the essential information related to the products, such as how the product makes, how it performs, what its function is, and which raw materials use the company to make it. Moreover, Users use Quality Assurance during the starting phase of a process. Furthermore, we use it in many fields, such as the documentation process for selecting team members and training them in planings, projects, and much more. Lastly, it is also helpful in the development of software.
- Betterment in the process of controlling
- Helpful in check and balance to make the quality good
- Perform as a safeguard at an initial stage
- It makes the process for QC easier
- Make a task for the staff
- Takes more time
- Use more resources
What is Quality Control?
Quality Control is a highly recommended tool that is very adorable for the betterment of a product. It works in the final stage of the process to check the quality. Moreover, it controls the process and keeps the goods within their specified limit.
Furthermore, it predicts the product defect or errors so that people properly maintain them. In addition, Quality Controls ensure customers get the product they demand or buy. Lastly, it is the essential part that people highly use in Software Development.
- Helpful in improving the quality of the product
- An essential part of Software Development is to increase the efficiency of products.
- Decrease the price
- Takes more time
- It demands a lot of resources
- High the production price
- Tough process
Key Differences between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Quality Assurance takes part in the initial stage of the process. On the other hand, Quality Control works in the final process.
- Quality Assurance is most adorable to make the quality good instead of Quality Control.
- Quality Control detects the defects, while Quality Assurance tells about the product’s performance.
- Quality Assurance detects mistakes in the initial stage, while Quality Control detects them in the last step.
- Quality Control detects the issues, while Quality Assurance prevents the problems.
Comparison table of Quality Assurance and Quality Control
|Features||Quality Assurance||Quality Control|
|Members||All team members||Just testing team|
|Purpose||Prevention of issues||Detection of issues|
|Use||Initial stage||Execution stage|
In a nutshell, we can say that Quality Assurance and Quality Control are different. I hope your confusion will be eliminated.