Some people are confused about what Serum is and what Lotion is. So, to clarify their confusion, let us discuss the main differences between Serum and Lotion. Serum and Lotion are two skincare products that help moisturize the skin and prevent dryness.
Users can apply them at the same time. The Lotion contains petroleum and mineral oil. Mainly, Lotion prevents the body from diseases and is used chiefly for skin prevention. Moreover, both have considerable differences between them.
What is Serum?
The Serum is a skin care product that prevents the skin from dryness. It is the most recommended product that dermatologist refers to use. Highly used and demanded Serums are Vitamin C and Viutamin-A. They help to remove face spots and remove wrinkles. Moreover, by applying Serum, UV rays cannot damage the skin. And prevent skin from side effects of dangerous radiations.
Furthermore, the prices of different Serum are different according to brand. In addition, liquid or oil–based serums can easily be absorbed into the skin. Serums usually come in beautiful small sizes bottles with droppers.
- Remove the wrinkles
- Serum hides the spots
- Prevent the skin from UV rays
- Prevent dangerous sun radiation
- Make the skin shiny
- It readily absorbs in the skin
- Highly recommended product by determalogists
What is Lotion?
The Lotion is a cream-based skin care product that prevents the skin from dryness. There are many types of Lotion according to their use. It uses a moisturizer as an antiseptic and has some other features. If you have an allergy to your skin, dermatologists recommend lotions. It kills bacteria and germs, moisturizes the skin, and heals the wound.
Moreover, Lotion has a low-viscosity product and has low water content. Furthermore, Lotion is used as a medicine that doctors recommend. In addition, Lotion has unique fragrances, and many companies prepare lotions. Lastly, many people use Lotion in their daily routine.
- Heal the skin from the wound
- Moisturizing the skin
- Prevent the body from allergies
- Perfume the skin
- Use as a medicine
- An antiseptic
- More effective
- It contains petroleum and minerals, oil
Key Differences between Serum and Lotion
- The Serum is a less dense product. On the other hand, Lotion has more viscosity than Serum.
- The Lotion is suitable for all skin types, whereas Serum applies to sensitive skin.
- Serum removes the skin spots while using a moisturizer.
- The fragrance is the most beautiful Serum in contrast to Lotion.
- Serum can easily be absorbed in the skin as compared to Lotion.
- The Serum is water-based and oil-based, whereas Lotion is a cream.
Comparison table between Serum and Lotion
|Cream or gel
|Remove the skin spots
|Use as a moisturizer
|Sensitive or hairy skin