Zoom is a video-only platform that allows up to 100 people in one call. It also has screen sharing, chats, and whiteboards, but on the other hand, Google Meet is a web-based platform that offers screen sharing and visual collaboration.
What is Zoom?
Since 2003, Zoom has been an industry leader in conferencing services. Using the best audio and video technology on the market, they have helped millions of people collaborate and connect with each other.
Now, Zoom is taking a step in a new direction by creating its Zoom Bot assistant. Zoom Bot is a personal assistant available on Google Assistant. Users can use the bot to schedule calls or chat.
- Zoom supports up to 100 people in one call.
- It has screen sharing and whiteboards.
- Zoom Bot is free to use.
- It has a desktop app.
- Zoom has a free version, while Google Meet does not.
- Zoom requires a download and set up before the meeting, whereas Google Meet doesn’t.
- Google Meet is cheaper for companies that have a lot of users
- Zoom’s chat and Zoom Bot features aren’t as advanced as Google Meet
What is Google Meet?
Google Meet is a web-based platform that offers screen sharing and visual collaboration. It is similar to Zoom because it provides video conferencing, but Google Meet is much more simple to use than Zoom.
Google Meet has the potential to take over Skype and Zoom’s spot as the number one video conferencing software. It has many features like screen sharing and the ability to share documents.
Read More: Amazon vs. Walmart – What’s the Difference?
- Screen sharing and visual collaboration
- Dial-in meetings
- 60 minutes of free video meetings
- Google Meet has no ads
- A variety of web-based collaboration tools such as instant messaging, file sharing, video conference
- It doesn’t have a video meeting scheduler
- Google Meet lacks some features that Zoom has, like whiteboards and holding group chats.
Key Differences between Zoom and Google Meet
- Zoom and Google Meet are two online communication services that allow real-time communication with multiple people. Both applications run on computers and as mobile apps for Android and iOS.
- Zoom is a video-conferencing application designed to make business meetings, lectures, webinars. At the same time, Google Meet is a video conference service that allows participants to communicate and collaborate through online meetings.
- Zoom has more than 100 million users globally, while Google Meet has more than 5 million users.
- It is to be noted that Zoom has the advantage of being a video conferencing software for business meetings. At the same time, Google Meet is a free video-conferencing service for small or medium businesses.
- Zoom has a user interface that’s easier to navigate. While Google Meet has a neat tab-based design that makes it easier to use.
- Google Meet offers up to 100 participants for free, and Zoom also offers 100 participants.
- Zoom has more powerful features like screen sharing and recording of meetings, making it ideal for professional use. In contrast, Google Meet has fewer features and is best suited for personal or small business use.
- Zoom is more expensive than Google Meet as Zoom is for 199$ per month, and Google Meet for only 7.99$.
Google’s new video conferencing solution, Google Meet, improves the previous version of Hangouts. On the other hand, Zoom offers so much more functionality than Google Meet that it is hard to turn down.