Screen users face many problems regarding unnecessary ads, links to garbage websites, and tracker issues. So, such software is always in great demand to control this waste. AdGuard Home Pi-Hole has broad applications for the blockage of ads and links to websites. Moreover, consumers can block websites through these tools.
Despite many similarities, AdGuard Home and Pi-Hole differ in many aspects in terms of their features and functions. The significant difference is their work on different devices. AdGuard Home can work on almost all systems, whereas Pi-Hole specifically works on Linux and Raspberry Pi systems. Let us discuss the significant differences between them.
What is AdGuard Home?
AdGuard Home is one of the important tools that assist in blocking ads, different websites, and trackers that consumers face while using their devices. It is compatible with almost all systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Consumers can easily use it on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs. It allows users to create a parent control panel that blocks specific websites and content categories.
- Ad and tracker blocking
- Website blocking
- DNNS over HTTPS support
- Parent control features
- Easy to access
- Compatible with different systems
What is Pi-Hole?
Pi-Hole is a network-level ad and tracking blocking tool applicable to Tux and Raspberry Pi systems. It works on DNS (Domain Name System) sinkhole, which intercepts different ads and tracker domains and helps them to block unnecessary data.
Moreover, Pi-Hole utilizes certain blocklists to secure sites. In addition, consumers can create block lists for blocking other websites and content categories. It is a simple and easy-to-use tool that helps consumers to stop unnecessary stuff.
- Ad and tracker blogging
- Web blocking
- Query logging
- DHCP server
- Easy to access
- Compatible with Linux and Raspberry system
Key Differences between AdGuard Home and Pi-Hole:
- AdGuard Home can work fully on several systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux, whereas Pi-Hole can be used on Linux and Raspberry Pi systems.
- AdGuard Home has more effective blocking tools as compared to Pi-Hole.
- AdGuard Home, in contrast to Pi-Hole, does not provide a block list customization feature.
- AdGuard Home has a user-friendly interface, whereas Pi-Hole has a command-line interface.
- AdGuard Home has a large number of block lists as compared to Pi-Hole.
- AdGuard Home is safer as compared to Pi-Hole.
Comparison table of AdGuard Home vs. Pi-Hole
|Windows, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi
|Linux and Raspberry Pi
|No. of Blocklists
|Block List customization feature
In a nutshell, we can say that AdGuard Home and Pi-Hole are pretty different in their features and functions. However, we would recommend you use AdGuard Home without any biases.