Witcher 3 has a larger world to explore. Skyrim, however, has many more quests and missions for the player to complete. In Skyrim, players can sneak through dungeons and attack enemies from behind. In the Witcher 3, however, there is no such mechanic to be seen.
In the Witcher 3, the player’s alchemy system is much more complex. They require ingredients, some of which can be difficult to find. In Skyrim, alchemy is straightforward: the player mixes two or three items.
Read More: Valorant vs CS: GO – What’s the Difference
Difference Between Skyrim vs. Witcher 3
Both games feature different mounts and spells that players may use in battle.
Skyrim is Geralt, and If you’re an unknown who just landed in town with no background, the villagers are going to be suspicious of you, and anyone around you will be at risk because of it. By contrast, it is difficult to imagine a playthrough of Witcher 3 where some random peasant doesn’t get slaughtered by the player’s sword.
The Witcher 3 has better graphics than Skyrim, both in the design of the environments and characters. The world of Skyrim is also much more similar to that of the original Game. In The Witcher 3, there are very few NPCs that look like they do in Skyrim.
In Skyrim, the player begins as a prisoner who must escape a heavily guarded prison. In The Witcher 3, however, players assume control of Geralt, a monster hunter seeking his lost love. Geralt is already an established character in The Witcher series, giving players an easier time.
Both games feature different gameplay mechanics. While Skyrim is more like traditional RPGs, The Witcher 3 focuses on an action-based battle system. Throughout Skyrim, players will encounter dragons that can be difficult to defeat. In The Witcher 3, there are no such encounters till very late in the Game.
Comparison between Skyrim vs. Witcher 3
- The Witcher 3 has a significantly larger world to explore; Skyrim features more quests and missions.
- The Witcher 3 focuses on an action-based battle system, while Skyrim is more traditional with its turn-based combat.
- Skyrim has the better graphics, as The Witcher 3 contains far fewer NPCs that are visually similar to those in Skyrim.
- Skyrim’s character is more established, while Geralt of Rivia is already established in the Witcher series.
- Skyrim features different mounts and spells, while The Witcher 3 has an alchemy system that is much more complex than Skyrim’s.
Overall, both games are great and will appeal to different players. For a more immersive experience, however, Skyrim is the better choice.
Skyrim is the better Game for those looking to lose themselves in a vast fictional world. Witcher 3 is much more consistent, polished, and tight. Both are Game of the Year contenders, but Skyrim edges it. Both games are great, but if you want to lose yourself in a fantastical world, I’d recommend Skyrim.